Season 2021-2022 commences 25th October 2021 (if NSW reaches 80% double vaccinated)
- Registrations reopen week begining 11/10/21 and must be completed to commence club training for new athletes or before competition commences for all athletes.
- Those athletes 16yo and over must show proof of double vaccination to attend as per NSW Government Public Health Orders. Those unvaccinated can attend from 1st December 2021.
- Parents of younger athletes must show proof of double vaccination to attend as per NSW Government Public Health Orders. Those unvaccinated can attend from 1st December 2021. PLease remeber that all athletes must have a parent/carer at the park to assist.
- Little Athletics registration (U6 - U17) : https://lansw.com.au
- Seniors registration https://www.revolutionise.com.au/wallsendrslat/
We compete as Wallsend RSL Athletic Club (affiliated with Athletics NSW) and as Wallsend RSL Little Athletic Centre (affiliated with Little Athletics Association of NSW).
Our aim is to provide a safe and friendly environment for all members of the Club to enjoy the sport no matter at what level they choose to compete.
The first Wallsend Athletic Club was first formed on 18th November 1874, Mr James Fletcher being the Club President and Thomas Abel (Chemist) first Judge. Competition was held in Federal Park until 1914 when the Club closed due to the war effort.
The Club reformed in 1957, with Mr V Prisk Club President. The club continued from 1957 until present time at the Federal Park site.
Competition Ground is Federal Park Wallsend (location Boscawan Street, Wallsend).